It’s important for moms to recognize that all the small successes in our days can add up to one big triumph. So on Thursday of each week, we do exactly that.
The “nesting instinct” runs pretty strong in me naturally, but I find that pregnancy–in any stage–kicks it into hyperdrive. It’s not a bad thing overall, except that Haus Meister’s “Honey-Do List” sometimes gets additions that he doesn’t expect. 😉 Over the past two weeks (I missed out on pposting last Thursday), I’ve been bitten with this nesting bug and, aided occasionally by the fact that it has rained for most of those two weeks, I was able to do the following:
1. I proclaimed a “Do It Now” week and tried to do some little things that I had been putting off for a while. For instance, I repaired the handle on my favorite handbag. It took me less than ten minutes. I am ashamed to think of how long I’ve left that handbag by my sewing machine to collect dust and cat hair simply because I didn’t take the effort to change out a thread color and sit down to “do it now.”
2. I put out our Fall decorations. I love how the leaf garlands look above our windows. This year we added a bunch of Indian corn (“Funny corn!” says the Rascal) to our living room display and a pie pumpkin as a dining room centerpiece (for now).
3. I transitioned the kids’ closets from Summer to Fall/Winter. Of course, it’s too early for them to wear most of the clothes, but I left enough summer in. We’re about to go a-traveling North again where the weather will schizophrenically change from summerish to autumnal in the space of a day, so the warmer clothes will be used soon enough.
4. I finished one of the nightgowns I planned to make for the September Sew-A-Long. I also started on a second, which I hope to finish tonight. I will post pictures when this is accomplished. However, it was a big success for me to finish the one.
5. Last week I began to get up early and make a batch of corn muffins in the morning. I found a recipe that only takes ~30 minutes to do (including the batter preparation), and it has become a favorite. I haven’t done this daily yet, but I’m working on it.